Thursday, October 07, 2010

I Spit On Your Grave (2010)

I Spit On Your Grave. I have been seeing this movie pop up on my RSS feed of Geek Tyrant in Google Reader and I'm quite intrigued. I can't wait to get it on DVD because, as mentioned many times before, I'm a cheap ass and WILL NOT pay $10 for a freaking movie at a movie theater! I think $4-$5 max is enough and almost too much.

Anyway, when I saw the first trailer/clip a few weeks or more ago, it was the part where the woman is at the gas station and stupidly tells gas-station-attendant man that she is lost and how she's staying in a cabin all alone. DUMB ASS! That's just inviting trouble into your life.

The more it went into what happened it made me pissed. Pissed at her for being stupid and over-sharing. Pissed at them for invading her home, privacy, safety.

Then as it continued, I got energized and excited that she gets her revenge. Hell yeah! I was like, "Dude, I'm going to have to see this movie for sure now!"

From the previews, it's one of those movies that things happen the way I think it should...except for the initial attacking part but after the attacking part. In real life if this happens, I would hope there is some revenge justice in the eye-for-an-eye sense. Anyhow, these bastards are getting what they deserve (as much as I can gather from the movie trailer). I think it's classic how when the attacker becomes the prey they always seem to beg for mercy like their victim did. It's poetic justice! And seemingly from the clip(s), she doesn't just put them out of their misery. It looks like she makes them suffer a bit.

That's my kind of revenge seeker!

So, it looks like this movie starts tomorrow (10/8/10) but it will be a few months I'm sure before I get a DVD of it.

I'm so shallow that, before I knew the premise, I was going to see this movie just because of the great ass shot for the movie cover art. If all it took was that to spark my interest, I'd have to say that's great marketing and advertising! I prefer the new version but the old one isn't too bad either. I think the extra stuff on the cover takes away from the centerpiece (the woman).

-- versus --


No comments: