Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wrong Side of Town (2010)

Wrong Side of Town (2010). Watched this movie this morning on my sick day off. I have seen it pop up on my Netflix account a few times as a "new arrival," an "action thriller," or whatever. It sort of captured my interest each time I would read the brief synopsis but I would keep on browsing. I eventually put it in my queue and then I decided to watch it today.

I thought I would at least get to see a decent action movie but I was sorely disappointed. This movie was overall pretty lame. It did have action but it was very piss pour, predictable and horribly filmed. It "starred" Rob Van Dam...he was the main character anyway. What's funny is that the movie cover shows Dave Bautista in the center and larger than anyone else. Which would make one think he is the main character. Funny thing is Bautista's cameo isn't until at least 3/4 of the way into the movie and then he is shown briefly for a few other scenes.

For this movie, it's like the writers/directors/producers tried to take the good action flicks as well as the okay action flicks of previous wrestlers/athletes hoping they could produce an okay flick themselves. It really didn't work because even though the wrestlers act for the WWE they aren't really good actors if they're taken out of their comfort environment. Make sense?

With that in mind, Rob Van Dam sucks as an actor. I don't recall ever seeing him in my random viewings of the WWE program on television but he truly was unable to crossover to the big screen. Unlike the likes of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson..okay maybe even John Cena or Steve Austin..Rob Van Dam's movie just wasn't even worth the time and effort it took to make it.

Not even the gratuitous boob shots of Stormy Daniels and a few other girls could move this movie from a 1/2 star to 1 star. And I give the 1/2 star just because of the boob shots and being able to recognize Stormy Daniels!

You can definitely pass on this movie. You'd probably get more entertainment and value from watching an episode of Teletubbies!


No comments: