Monday, March 19, 2012

Fallen (1998)

Fallen (1998). I was watching this movie on Netflix today. It's not that bad of a movie being that it's like 14 years old but I'm trying to my money's worth out of my Netflix membership by watching movies that I may have missed over the past 10 to 20 years.

Anyway, I'm getting near the end and I noticed a discrepancy in the filming...which I often do and my wife hates it when we watch together. About an hour and seventeen minutes in (according to play on Netflix), Denzel's character has to shoot a person wielding a gun at him and about to shoot. The first screen shot is just after Denzel's character shoots the person with one shot. The second screen shot is of Denzel's character just after they show the person get shot, hit the ground and then they return to view Denzel's character. Do you notice the difference?

vs.

If you didn't see the discrepancy, it's the gun. The first image clearly shows the weapon is empty after the one shot. The slide is back which reveals that the chamber and clip are empty. The second image shows the slide in it's "normal" position as if the gun was still loaded. Someone messed up on the editing but I guess something so minimal typically isn't picked up by a "normal" watching audience. They probably figured it was cheaper to not reshoot the image.

As far as the movie goes, it's a little slow most of the time. It is just barely watchable but there are probably other movies to "waste" your time on.


No comments: