Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kevin Smith - Too Fat for 40 (2010)

Kevin Smith - Too Fat for 40 (2010). I watched this back around the first week in December 2011 via Netflix. I must say that I wasn't all that impressed. As far as stand-up goes, Kevin Smith sucks. I know he's not a stand-up comic and I think he admits as much in the show. I just really didn't get the point of the show. It was slow, boring, and I found myself wanting him to channel Silent Bob and have Jay appear to make the show interesting.

I feel sorry for all the sorry suckers that purchased tickets to attend his show live. I would have been very disappointed but I also would have never purchased in the first place. There aren't many "real" funny people that I would pay to see. Maybe Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Ron the 'Drunk', George Carlin, Richard Pryor or Howie Mandel (before he became really weird).

I think Kevin should stick to making 50/50 movies: half are good/decent and the other half are shit. He's almost like Adam Sandler these day but Sandler seems to have a bigger following which continues to encourage him to make shit movies. However, it does speak volumes at the money Sandler must have since Saturday Night Live with his Happy Madison Productions and such.

Anyway, I wouldn't waste your time with Too Fat for 40. It was mind-numbing, horrible and I barely endured it. I think I had to watch some high-action movies or something to get over the downer 'Too Fat' caused.

No comments: