Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Haywire (2012)

Haywire (2012). I don't know what I expected from this completely piece of shit movie. I did expect a little more.

I kept thinking two things while watching this movie:
  1. Do they think shooting scenes of Gina Carano's character running and running and running...and running, made for a better movie? For a while there I thought I was watching Run Lola Run. I believe it was filmed this way because the film lacked any kind of content so the running was filler.
  2. When are the nude scenes of Gina Carano's character coming? When the movie started sucking...which was pretty much after the previews...the way to somewhat save the movie would have been to show Gina naked!
The movie was slow, drawn out and just downright pitiful! It's not the way to introduce a new MMA "superstar" to acting. Even Cynthia Rothrock's movies from the 80s and 90s were better than Haywire!

I don't think the acting was really that bad. I think the writing, directing, and editing was just downright awful. With "big name" actors like Antonio Banderas, Michael Douglas, Ewan Macgregor and Channing Tatum, I expected more. Instead, it felt like these actors were doing some favor for someone because they owed it to them.

Verdict: Pass on this and never look back. I'd much rather see another Steven Seagal straight-to-video movie than recommend this to ANYONE!

No comments: