Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Coast PX25 LED Flashlight from Amazon Unboxing

I broke down and purchased the Coast PX25 LED Flashlight from Amazon.com. I was already ordering something and decided to throw this flashlight in with it. My price comparison found it much cheaper via Amazon than Home Depot—where is the place I originally found it online. Amazon had it for $27.89+tax+S/H. I'm not taking the time to figure the exact tax and S/H but the other product I purchased was $134.95. The total tax on both was $2.54 and total S/H was $10.09. The flashlight price at HomeDepot.com is $41.97 and the preferred vendor of LightsandKnives.com via CoastPortland.com has it for $42.00. So, even with the full price of tax and S/H from Amazon, the total cost would be around $40.00 total.

It didn't take long for the product to arrive after ordering. I took some pictures of the unboxing below. The box is pretty fancy smancy cardboard but it's a nice touch. The box contains the flashlight, three Duracell AAA batteries, a wrist strap, and a manual/Coast catalog.

Taking the flashlight out of the box I could feel it had a good weight to it. It's not too heavy but it also isn't dainty. One thing I did notice is that the push on/off button on the butt of the flashlight will not allow for the flashlight to stand on end. Not a huge deal but it was VERY useful when I used the Coast PX20 in certain situations. As it is, I'll have to lay the PX25 on it's side or rig some kind of removable stand for the light which would kind of suck because I'd have to carry it around or some such making it cumbersome.

The light itself is pretty damn bright. It has a a pretty decent spot with a good flood ring around it. I didn't do an official test for distance but it shines pretty far. At night, I could stand in the street in front of my house and point it down the road. It would reflect off the stop sign, the yield signs, any other signs quite nicely and bright! Actual visibility from flashlight to whatever I would point it at, varied depending on how far away whatever it is was. I think it had at least a visibility of up to 50 feet or even 75 feet. After that, the flashlight still shown but the stuff it lit was not as clearly visible as closer.

Well, that's about it for my "professional" assessment of the Coast PX25 LED Flashlight. Here are a couple of photos of the unboxing.



No comments: