Monday, May 26, 2014

The Legend of Hercules (2014)

The Legend of Hercules (2014). I can see why this didn't do well in the theaters. I wouldn't say it was a bad movie overall. It could have been done better sure but for $1.20 from RedBox it wasn't too painful to watch. The acting could have used some more directing, inflecting or something but it wasn't unwatchable. It was the occasional horrendous digital imaging that made it laughable and would make me question spending the movie theater admission price.

Kellan Lutz shouldn't try to "act" or "speak" too much in his movies. He's got a decent face, a muscular body and that's what he should go with. Again, I think with some professional guidance, his acting could have been better. The action/fight scenes were interesting but often predictable. No fault to his acting but more of the storyline. What has Kellan really been in? There was the 3 or 4 Twilight movies where he hardly spoke. There was Immortals where he barely spoke and when he did it was laughable--although I did like the movie overall.

Scott Adkins should follow the same advice I shared for Kellan but times three. Scott's freaking ripped and looks like Supermofo! But he's purely a hardcore action actor. Have you seen Undisputed 2 & 3, Ninja I & II, Assassination Games, and Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning. The dude is one bad ass. His character wasn't hugely conversational in this movie but he's best speaking with his fists and feet.

I have no idea who Gaia Weiss is but I know that there was not any nudity of her in this movie! It's a freaking gladiator, Roman soldier-type movie and we know that the Romans were sexual beings! I mean not even a boob shot. I was thoroughly disappointed. [my inner 12-yr-old boy yells] 'SHOW ME THE BOOBS! SHOW ME THE BOOBS!'

It was interesting to see that Liam McIntyre was the sidekick to Hercules. Is he type cast because of his Spartacus role? I really haven't seen him in ANYTHING else but what do I know. He wasn't quite the warrior Spartacus in this movie but he did okay.

So, my overall assessment of this movie is rent it from Redbox or borrow from a friend. If you go into the movie knowing that it's kind of cheesy, you won't have too high of expectations but you will more than likely overall enjoy seeing it.

No comments: