Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fried Chicken & Jack Sandwich at East Hampton Sandwich Co

Yes, I have been to East Hampton Sandwich Co many times in the past few months. I'd have to say at least ten visits by now. It's close. It's convenient. I have a few staples that I get there with the occasional veering off to try something new like the previously posted about Lobster Roll.

This is the Fried Chicken & Jack Sandwich. I ordered this along with my wife's staple of the Cheeseburger as well as my youngest's Balsamic Tenderloin Sandwich and my oldest's Roast Chicken & Ranch Sandwich. I didn't take photos of the kids' orders because they had already dove in and chowed before I thought to take a photo.


I've had the Roast Chicken & Ranch before. I got it with the Cheeseburger on my very first visit. It was fairly tasty and the price was acceptable. My oldest tasted it at that time as well which is why it was requested for this visit. They say it's pulled chicken but it looked more shredded to me. It was moist and tasty though. I prefer beef to chicken but I wouldn't hesitate to order this if they ran out of beef.

My youngest requested the Balsamic Tenderloin because price matters not when Dad is buying although it's "only" a few more dollars than the burger. This sandwich was pretty good. It comes with a sauce, for dipping I guess, but the youngest did not use it. Overall the tenderloin was flavorful. It was moist, tender and easily bitten into for consuming. I would order again but not often since it's like $12.

The Fried Chicken was pretty darn good. It had a pretty tasty fried chicken flavor. The chicken was thick, juicy and good-sized although I was still slightly hungry after eating the entire sandwich. The cheese and bacon helped with flavoring as well as holding it together. The lettuce was okay but it was more of a distraction for me. It stuck out of the bun and I had to nibble pieces of it off before I could bite into the sandwich. I think I would prefer more of a crunchy lettuce like Iceberg to add some refreshing cool crunch but that's just me. Overall, it was a good sandwich and I will order again if the craving for it happens on my next visit.

I'd have to say that East Hampton redeemed itself with this visit after the disappointing Lobster Roll. Being that I've been there quite a few times now, I'm starting to think I'd like a side other than the chips. I could see some thick mashed potatoes in a cup that I could spread on a part of the sandwich I'm about to bite or maybe even chase the bite with a fork full of the mashed potatoes. Ummm....


No comments: