Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lunch at Banh Shop

Had lunch at Banh Shop today with a close friend. It recently opened and he texted me last week to see if I wanted to try it out. After I got home from work that day, I received the restaurant flyer in the mail which made me think that was why he suggested it. The flyer contained a coupon for a free side or dessert with my sandwich or wok'd bowl purchase.

So, today was our lunch date. I mentioned the flyer and coupon to him and he said that he doesn't remember seeing a flyer but probably got it. He mentioned eating at this place because he had driven by it once or twice and realized it was new and wanted to try it out.

That's what we did. I was looking at the menu inside the restaurant and was thinking about getting a wok'd bowl. He was sure he was getting a banh mi and decided on the grilled steak. I figured I'd try the sandwich too to compare it to Rollngo since I've had three different sandwiches there.


What you see above is menu item #1 Grilled Steak Banh Mi and a side of summer rolls which were free with a coupon.

I believe I've said this before but I'm not a food tasting expert. I like what I like and that's all that I know. That being said...

The grilled steak banh mi was good. Was it better than Rollngo? I can't really say yay or nay since it's been sometime between the sandwiches I had at Rollngo and this one. What I do recall is that the bread on the Rollngo sandwiches was harder than this one from Banh Shop. Does that make one sandwich taste better than the other? I don't think so. Again, the Banh Shop sandwich was good. Was it goo enough to make me want to come back and try it again or another one? Probably not.

The summer rolls were good. I haven't had any summer rolls from Rollngo and I don't even know if they make/sell them. So, I compare them to the summer rolls at Pho Is For Lovers. I feel like the Pho summer rolls were better and the family really likes the pho at Pho so we may not ever need to go to Banh Shop as a family.

So do I recommend this place? Sure...to try especially with the free side or dessert coupon. I more than likely will visit Banh Shop again just to try one of their wok'd bowls as they looked/sounded good.

No comments: