Monday, November 03, 2014

The Works at Jake's Hamburger

A coworker and I went to eat at Jake's Hamburgers. It's not the first time we've been but it was the first time for me to order #14 The Works — described by their menu like this:
"warning" this is not a diet aid! everything in the kitchen. double meat, double cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, mayo, mustard, and ketchup.
Funny thing is when I ordered The Works, the cashier asked me if I wanted any fries or onion rings. I laughed and said that I think the burger may be more than enough to fill my belly.

The photo doesn't properly show the size of this burger but it was fairly stacked! I have had a couple of different burger styles from Jake's and they all pretty much are the same taste but with some slight variation in sauces or condiments that tweaks the flavor. The Works is basically the same as the others I've had taste-wise but for the price and the size, it was worth the try.

It may just be me but I still don't like those places that don't have a really good combo price for a burger, fries and drink. Unfortunately, I think that's the new way of doing things. My first experience with this type of a-la-carte pricing was when they opened a Twisted Root near my work. The price of the burger looks good but then you add a side of fries and a drink, then the costs becomes like $15 for ONE person to eat. That's too much damn money in my opinion especially when the burger was like $6.95.

Sorry for the tangent, back to The Works...

As mentioned, I didn't order any sides. However, my coworker had ordered some onion rings which I was allowed to partake in eating. I didn't eat many onion rings as for the first time after eating my burger, I felt very comfortably satiated and didn't want to overdo it.

So if you have the opportunity, try The Works from Jake's Hamburgers. Again, their burgers don't vary too much from one to the other: It's typically meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, mustard, ketchup. They change it up by adding Thousand Island Sauce, hickory sauce, or the like. This is just a pretty good-sized burger, tasty and priced well.


No comments: