Friday, August 28, 2015

Masala Wok - Preston Center

The wife and youngest kid were in the mood for something different, something Indian for dinner. We've previously ordered via GrubHub from Roti Grill but thought we'd give another place a try.

Enter Masala Wok - Preston Center on Luther Lane.

The total cost of Masala Wok for pickup was $40.59. The Roti Grill tab was $49.00 but included delivery fee and a tip to the driver. So, they are probably fairly comparable in price minus the delivery fee and tip.

One thing about Masala Wok is that they not only have Indian food but also have Asian cuisine, particularly Thai. It was kind of nice to be able to get both in one location.

In the images, you'll see that I ordered two Indian entrees and one Thai entree. They were all pretty good. The Kung Pao Chicken was good but it wasn't "wow-fully" seasoned to make me say it was any better than anywhere else, except for sure maybe Panda Express. I mean it is what it is: Kung Pao Chicken and that's what it tasted like. The Chicken Butter Masala was very good as was the Chicken Mughlai. I have no idea what they are supposed to taste like, if anything different than they do, but they were very, very tasty. I'd definitely have them again whereas the Kung Pao Chicken I feel like I can pass on since I know it tastes just like it should (if that makes sense).

The veggie spring rolls were pretty good but just like the Kung Pao Chicken, they didn't taste much different than those from some other "higher-scale-than-Panda-Express" Asian restaurant.

The one thing I was not a fan of but bought so much of because I thought my wife and kid were fans, is the samosa. It's just not something that I was impressed by nor would I order again. It wasn't bad. I just now know that it isn't something that I would order in the future because the other stuff is SO much better.

One thing to know about Masala Wok is that there is no beef/steak. The closest thing to it would be lamb.

Kung Pao Chicken
  
Chicken Mughlai  Chicken Butter Masala
Samosa & Vegetable Spring Rolls


No comments: