Tuesday, December 08, 2015

MacBeth (2015)

Macbeth (2015). I went to a free screening to see this movie on December 7th at the Angelika Film Center Dallas.

I know of Macbeth. I remember reading the play in junior high or high school. I saw the trailer to this movie and thought, "That looks like a good movie."

However, it was...interesting. At times, it was like watching a Chinese movie without subtitles. If I didn't sort of remember the story, I'd probably have walked out because I would have been very lost, confused and frustrated. The preview showed more action, not so much.

Oh well...'What's done is done.'

So, my opinion is that unless you're a huge Shakespeare fan, you can probably skip this rendition. To me, it's essentially the play we've all seen before but with a little bit of useless Hollywood flash.

No comments: