Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hatch Chile Tacos at Taco Bueno

A couple of weeks ago, I became a Buenohead. It sounds better than it is...so far. Basically, you sign up with your email address and you get email "specials" sent to you. Taco Bueno doesn't yet have an app like some other chain restaurants such as Taco Bell and Chick-fil-A. Anyway, the benefits of submitting my email have not come to fruition as of yet. In fact, I've received better coupons from the junk mail fliers I have received via snail mail.

Anyway, I received an email Wednesday morning stating "99&#162 Hatch Chile Tacos today only!" (see image below)

I wasn't even thinking about taking them up on this offer but my youngest was going to In-n-Out Burger which is right next door to Taco Bueno. I figured I'd ride along and try out the hatch chile taco since I wasn't really making any extra effort to go.

I entered the Taco Bueno and confirmed that they were running the deal. I didn't know the regular price until I looked at the menu (yes, I didn't realize until I uploaded the image that it was in the email). Regularly priced at $1.99 so it's a dollar off. From the images, I couldn't tell how big the were so I ordered two just in case. Good thing I did. Anyway, I also got a free bean burrito courtesy of a coupon from the junk mail flier.

Apparently the hatch chile taco comes with chicken. It's not exactly listed as such in the name or anywhere that I remember like on the menu, but it does. I thought it was just an option they were showing but it's the default option.

So, what you see below is what I received as my order of a hatch chile taco.


As it looks after receiving my order



As it looks opened up

The first image does not look ANYTHING like the advertisement from my email. There is no care or elegance to the making of the taco. They were not busy and I was not in a rush. You would think some worker in the fast food business would give a shit about being as close to a truthful representation as possible.

I know, I know. It's just a fast food taco. But if people don't give a shit about their quality of work, then the country deserves to be destroyed by electing Donald Trump as President.

The second image is the guts of the taco. I count roughly a dozen various bite-sizes of chicken, some mushy green bits which I assume are the hatch chiles and some melted cheese. I would think since it's called "hatch chile taco" that the hatch chiles would be more abundant. I guess that's just me.

Luckily, I got some toppings to go from their condiments bar. I got some diced white onions, pico de gallo and red sauce. This added to the fillings of the hatch chile taco but in no way did it help justify the 99¢ price. Especially when I think I can spend about $5 for various ingredients to match and get about ten times or more of the amount of produced product.

For me, even if the price were $0.59, the hatch chile taco is flavorless. I didn't get any flavoring from the chicken nor did the hatch chiles add any taste. I could tell there was cheese, mainly from the texture, but I don't think it had any taste either. I do recall the red sauce and the pico de gallo flavors but that was about it.

So, after a little bit of ranting and raving, my final verdict is PASS!

No comments: