Thursday, August 25, 2016

Chili Pepper Grill Food Truck

I didn't much care for walking very far today for lunch so I decided to partake in the offerings of an available food truck on campus, the Chile Pepper Grill food truck.

What you see is (from left to right, top to bottom) the Alambre and Cowboy "deluxe" tacos, asada and a carnitas tacos from the food truck. Their menu on the side of the truck said the deluxe are $3.00 each and and the regular tacos are $2.00 each. However upon payment, she only charged me $7.50. Weird but I'm not complaining for saving $2.50.

Anyway, I've had the tacos from Chile Pepper Grill before. In fact, all these I've had before except for the Cowboy and they taste the same as I vaguely recall. The meat is still fairly flavorless for all.

One thing I do notice is that the bacon on the Alambre has changed. Before I think I described them as bacon bits/chunks. This looks to be more like bacon slices.

Either way, I really only recall tasting the flavors of lime juice and the green salsa (the peach/orange is too damn hot for my tastes) that I put on the tacos.

So, I will probably eat from Chile Pepper Grill food truck again (1) if they are the only truck or food provider and I'm starving or (2) someone else purchases the food. I'm not saying it tastes bad. I'm just saying it just really doesn't taste...at all.

No comments: