Thursday, May 30, 2019

Fear the Walking Dead

I've been bingeing Fear the Walking Dead through my Hulu account. I've always tried to watch it, mainly for comparison sake to The Walking Dead, but AMC doesn't give the easiest or most convenient way or way at all to watch older seasons. Not even with their 'convenient' app or via their website. Anyway...

There are similarities between the two. Most specifically: stupid writing.

I mean we won't go into the whole "How did the military, police, etc. get overrun with all their fire power?" We have to move on from that for the enjoyment of the show. I mean it's still plausible that the military could have lost because of not understanding the "sickness" but this isn't the post for that discussion.

I'm really just going to say that the show is okay if not good...enough for now, like the original was. However, somewhere along the way the writers started creating these stupid scenes and story lines. At the stage of the series I'm currently watching (season 4), most of the characters still alive are fairly well versed on how to handle the walking dead. But for some reason they end up doing some stupid things or get in some stupid situations or just...STUPID!

So, I guess that's about all I will write about this. If you have the want or time to watch it, you probably won't hate it. It is interesting at times and at others it is downright ludicrous and frustrating. Luckily for me, I watch it while multitasking. I still pay attention but I am also able to keep 'entertained' during the lull or terrible scenes when necessary.


No comments: