Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Perversions of women's tennis

I'm watching the first women's semifinal match of the Australian Open. It's Serena Williams versus Maria Sharipova.

Random perversion #1: The Russian is pretty hot and she's only seventeen.

Looks and talent are what women's tennis needs. Back in the old days of tennis, there was Chris Everett. I guess she was really the best looking one at the time. Tracey Austin came along later. She was cute but wasn't much of a tennis player. I think she won just a couple of championships before she got injured or something. Martina Navratilova was a great tennis legend but the attractiveness was something to be desired. Some years later came Gabriela Sabitini, Steffi Graf, Mary Joe Fernandez then Martina Hingis, Anna Kornikova. Some more years later came Venus Williams (cute in a weird kind of way), Justin Henin (not so cute but a fairly nice body). A few months to a year later came Elena Dementieva and then Maria Sharipova.

Unfortunately, that's the way most things are in sports and entertainment. Talent then Looks. Usually, most audiences aren't attracted by the talent first.

It's like buying a car. One sees the looks of a car before they know if it's well-made or not.

Now Martina Navratilova was a great tennis player but she wasn't really appealing to the eye. She wasn't necessarily ugly and she had great skills but many preferred to watch Chrissy or Tracey and so on because they were "pretty." I liked to watch Martina because of her skills and talent.

Random perversion #2: I also like to watch fairly attractive good tennis players...in their nice, tight outfits...sweating their asses off and watching them in movement. Their legs, their posterior, their bust-erior...it's just nice. Attractiveness makes watching the women's game more appealing along with the occasional great shot or entertaining match point.

Yes, I am perverted. But hey, I watch men's tennis for the skill and entertainment. I watch women's tennis for the same except it needs a little bit more to keep my interest: attractive women! 'Nuff said!

I initially meant to write something interesting and worthy about tennis but I got carried away with the attractiveness of Maria Sharipova since I was watching her play. Oh well.

One final update... Williams versus Sharipova is tied at a set a piece and 6-6 in the 3rd set. They do not play tie breakers in the 3rd set at the Australian Open so this could go on for a while if they both continue to hold service.

I'm out of here!

No comments: