Friday, October 12, 2007

Mauled squirrel

So, I wake this morning around 7:15 a.m. and hear this "chirping" sound downstairs in the backyard. I figured it was a bird freaking out at seeing our dog out back.

I came downstairs and was getting my shoes and socks on in the sun room when I see my dog out back by the tree. I look to see what she's doing and it turns out that the chirping was not a bird but instead a squirrel wailing for survival.

My dog is picking up the squirrel, shaking it back and forth a few times and then letting it go. It's quite an amusing sight but nonetheless, I had to get her to drop it and leave it alone so I could get her in the house and do something with this ailing squirrel.

She wasn't trying to eat it. She was purely playing with it. Now, how she got it in the first place is unknown but I patted her head for her first varmint "kill."

Of course, what kind of proud owner would I be if I didn't take pictures of her accomplishment.




No comments: