Thursday, November 13, 2008

Company presentation

Do you know what sucks? What sucks is when you have practiced and practiced to the point where you can recite your "speech" word for word without a hitch. But then, on "go" day, you flub!

That sucks!

What's worse?

I didn't really suck because I wasn't prepared or because I just plain sucked! I sucked because I got rushed. I shouldn't and don't fully blame my presentation member because I should have just kept my cool and did ma thang!

Without too much explanation, here is the scenario:

I was on a team of five members and we had to do a presentation on a company. We had to present five aspects (since there were five of us) from the coursebook and relate it to the company. The presentation cannot be longer than fifteen minutes long, which roughly translates to three minutes a team member. I was third in line to present.

We had an intro for about 30 seconds. The first person was about two and a half minutes. The second person was about three and a half minutes.

I'm third and when I got up to talk I saw the time card that said nine minutes left. I thought, "Damn that's not a lot of time for me and the two next people so I better get through mine quickly."

MISTAKE!

I bumbled about a quarter way through and didn't get any better. It wasn't totally bad...well, to me it was because I WAS prepared. I did manage to cut my time for the next presenters which allowed us to finish with twenty seconds left.

Again, I should have just eased on with my speaking part instead of freaky-fracking but that's what I did and it's done.

The problem is
  1. I have to go watch the video...yes, the prof videotaped us...and give a self critique. The critique part isn't so bad. It's having to watch myself be a fucking retard! And...
  2. It's irking the shit out of me like you wouldn't believe. It's one of those things that you know you could have and should have done well but just jacked it up way beyond you ever thought you would.

GOSH, I SUCKED!!!!

I don't think I'm going to be able to get over this for a few days or so. I'm going to replay it over and over inside my head and it's going to eat away at me from the inside out.

Grrrrr!

DAMMIT, I CAN'T BELIEVE I SCREWED UP!!!

See, it's eating at me...slowly but surely.

No comments: