Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen to be replaced by John Stamos?

Just saw a quick headline on my Google Reader from E! Online stating the following:
Sources: CBS Begins Courting John Stamos to Replace Charlie Sheen (for Real This Time!)

Click here for article while it lasts.
I'm not a regular of Two and a Half Men but the episodes and short clips I've seen are pretty freaking hilarious. I wish I had the time to invest in catching up and/or just watching a new show. I have a hard enough time watching the shit I want to watch as it is...the TiVo is screaming at me to get the shitloads of episodes watched!

What I've seen of the show does not make me think that John Stamos would be a welcome, needed, or good replacement or addition. I've never really like Stamos' acting. He spent too long a time with Full House and his "acting" on that show is the lasting impression I have of his abilities. In Never Too Young to Die, he had a different character than in Full House but he still wasn't that great. I think I've seen him on some evening TV show in the past year or so...quick IMDB search says it was ER and Glee. I wasn't impressed in what I saw of him on ER. I barely saw a full episode of him in Glee so I can't comment on it. I did like him in some made-for-TV-Lifetime-type movie but I don't recall what it was. I think he beat his wife or killed her and tried to kill know, the typical Lifetime movie.

I think it comes down to Stamos does serious-with-personality way better than he does ANY comedy. And Two and a Half Men is 95% comedy...the other 5% is serious which becomes a lead in to the comedy.

Anyway, I really don't care either way. I'm not vested in watching 2 1/2 but for those that are, I really think it'll be very hard to replace Sheen's arrogance-with-comedy or comedy-with-arrogance role.

Actually, I think I put too much damn thought it such a quick read and post. :-)

No comments: