Sunday, November 08, 2015

Stainless steel restroom facilities

I occasionally play tennis at Colleyville City Park. Sometimes I have to pee before, during or after I play. The images below are what greets me (and others) if using the restroom facilities is needed.


They're quite interesting and somewhat disgusting! Wouldn't you agree?

Truthfully, I can pee in anything. So, the urinals aren't really a problem. However, they are always filled about halfway with water or pee. I'm not sure which. The stench of old, puddled urine is overwhelming. The flooring around the urinals stinks as well which is surprising since it's a pretty open restroom in the sense that they keep the entrance door wide open and there is metal screening around most of the top of the walls just before the ceiling. So, it's 'airy' but the stench still settles within the cement walls.

With the very strong odor, it makes me think that maybe boys/men may pee in the urinal, on the wall, on the floor—basically anywhere that isn't in their pants! I don't blame the little boys. I used to do the same when I was a little boy for some reason.

Anyway, I don't understand the reasoning behind the stainless steel urinals and toilet other than they think it would mean less maintenance. Sure, it's probably impossible to damage them unless you have a metal bat or sledgehammer but the usefulness kind of ends there.

Who in their right mind would want to use the toilet at anytime but especially during the cold weather? Sometimes city parks and recreation managers do not think through an idea.

Oh well, random thought over.

No comments: