Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Boogers

I'm sure it's been asked and answered but I had a thought while peeing at the urinal...

Can they get DNA from a booger?

They probably can but I was thinking more of the hard, dried booger versus a runny nasal mucus as the definition of a booger implies. I mean a booger to me is really all the dirt, dust and fibers in the air that the nose captures and packs into a nice little package for shipping (or discharging out of the nose). So, most of it is made from sources outside of the nasal passages.

I don't really care but it's just something that popped into my head because I had to pick my nose while peeing. That in turn made me think of the movie Gattaca and how if I unintentionally left a booger on the rim of the urinal or on the floor, they (who "they" are, I don't know) could suck it up in a miniature vacuum cleaner and find out who I was by my DNA...like they did with Ethan Hawke's character's eyelash.

Anyway, random I know!

No comments: