Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Plenty of time and yet not enough

I've been pretty busy these days with school, work, kids, and home life. I just haven't had much opportunity or designated time to type much...even in my personal journal (off-line). Yes, I am a male who types in an electronic "diary." My hope is some day my kids will read it and see what I had to go through (good and bad) and how I still was able to overcome adversity and enjoy the life I have been given. I type about things I do with the family and just things in general. It's long and occasionally goes days, weeks and even months before I type an entry. I fully mean to do a daily entry but something always comes up or my ADD kicks in and I end up not completing an entry - like I did the other day.

Anyway, last week Friday I took my first exam in my statistics course. I took off Thursday to study because I had hardly studied at all. I just haven't been motivated until crunch time which is about a day or two before. I took off that Thursday but didn't start studying until like 5 p.m. I'm a slacker, I know. I'm just sick and tired of school. It affects other aspect of my life like time with my wife and kids, time doing things I want to do, time from my TV-watching, or time to just fucking sit around and do JACK SHIT! I'm sticking with it though even with all the complaining because it would really suck to go this far and not finish. I'm hoping my misery will end within three years but we'll see how it goes.

On the subject of my first STAT exam, I took it and thought I did okay. I felt like I at least made around an 85 give or take a few points. I ended up making a 76. The class average was 73 so I did better than average. That's something positive, I guess. In fact, I really don't give a shit that I made a 76. That's a passing grade and that's all that matters to me. If I get a C+ or B to B-, I'll take it and run to the bank. This is the last class I need to take for the subset to get accepted into the business school. Once I'm done, I can take some funner more interesting classes...hopefully.

Anyway, I guess I typed a little more than I expected but I'm going to bed now. The morning comes early and having to let a kid (Pixie the puppy) out twice a night makes the sleep time not so enjoyable. Soon she'll be trained to hold it through the night but right now I'm expected to suffer. The morning comes and then I have work and then class and then work again. Monday, Wednesday and Fridays are my long days of work because I go to class for two hours during my work day so I have to stay an hour later for work to make up the time or just "look good for the bosses."

So, I'm outta here!

No comments: