Thursday, August 09, 2007

Blow off day at work

Well, today was a major blow off day. The boss lady and boss boss lady left the office around 11 a.m. to head to a working "retreat" and won't be back until some time tomorrow afternoon.

So, I being the slacker I am took it upon myself to take an extended lunch. How extended wasn't really planned but it turned out to be the rest of the day.

I went to lunch around 11:45 a.m. and was fully prepared to head back to work by 2 or 3 p.m. Plans (or preparations) change.

I was on the way out and the neighbors across the street were having an internet issue with a laptop and their wi-fi. I originally planned to help them after I got off work around 5-5:30 p.m. but I figured it shouldn't be a big deal to stop by on the way and get their problem solved. It's good bragging rights too.

Well, as repeatedly mentioned, it took me more than just a few minutes or an hour. I was on the way out around 2 p.m. and it took me until about 4:48 p.m.

I said, "to Hell with work" because I wasn't going to make a show for 12 freaking minutes.

So there ya go, another day in the boring life of a techie guy.

No comments: