Sunday, April 20, 2008

Red Dawn (1984)

So, I was flicking channels waiting for the Stars/Anaheim game and came across the movie Red Dawn. What's weird it was showing on FUSE, which I thought was a music video channel like MTV or VH1 used to be. I guess everyone is going to some stupid "reality tv" line up. Stupid in my opinion, although I do watch the Real World or Real World/Road Rules Gauntlet or Inferno shows.

Oh wait, losing my train of thought...

I've seen Red Dawn at least a hundred times over the last twenty-four years. I've watched it completely through almost three-quarters of the time if not more.

What I don't get is what ever happened to Jed and Matt (Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen). They showed them near the end of the movie when they took care of that really bad Russian guy. Each of them had been shot but they were both still breathing when Jed was shown carrying Matt and sat down on some bench. You could still see their breathing in the cold. The movie eventually shows Erica (Lea Thompson) at the very end on the rock where they put everyone's name that fought and died in their "pack." Her narrative says something like "Never saw the brothers again..." but it never tells or shows what actually happened to them.

I don't like feeling like I'm hanging and not knowing what happened. It totally blows!

Oh well, time to get back to the Stars game.

No comments: