Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chevy Camaro SS

I've always had a hard on for 2-3 vehicles. I can't remember one of them but the other two that I've always wanted are a Jeep (CJ/Wrangler-type) and a '69 Chevy Camaro SS (convertible preferred but hard top will do).

I've owned a black 1990 Jeep Wrangler. I bought it in 1992 with 4,000 miles on it. I drove the hell out of it and would have continued to do so if I had the money to continue to maintain it but it wasn't a necessary "family" vehicle. Here is a picture of it from back in July of 2005. I sold it about a year ago to a coworker for $2,000 cash.

I still have a stiffy for my classic Camaro but I may just need to look to the future. In an article today (I forget where), it mentioned something about the 2010 Chevy Camaro Coupe. It looks pretty damn good for starting around $24K. The main difference and benefit for me is that the '69 is all metal AND it looks like a unique muscle car. This 2010 version looks sharp but also could be a chopped and revamped Dodge Charger or even a Ford Mustang.

Of course, by the time I can afford my Camaro, there won't be parts for it and it'll be really expensive!

Oh well, I can dream...


No comments: