Saturday, April 04, 2009

Yahoo Advertising

Sometimes I don't get the advertising business. Now I know marketers want to appeal to many an audience but I fail to see what audience they are targeting with this ad...other than the young, adolescent dirty-minded boys or the mind of these "boys" in grown men...like me.

I can tell you that any sales associate (especially male) catering to a "mystery shopper" that looked like this would be working at their best level. If it were me, I wouldn't remember what this woman wanted much less care. It would be such a blur in the hopes that I got to take her purchases home for her and helped her try them on or WHATEVER she wanted me to do! Ha!

But back to purpose of the ad: job advertisement. I don't think I would apply if I were some frumpy woman/man because the ad does not portray that as for what they are looking. Of course, that may be the exact reasoning behind the ad...to exclude the non-voluptuous types. Sadly, but also happily, I must concur with the ad. ;-P


No comments: