Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Email humor?

So, I get this forwarded email from my uncle which I think is supposed to be humorous mixed with a bit of political satire and racism. I guess it's funny but I'm also one of those that read too much into things sometimes. So here is the simple text of the email:
Interstate 90 will be closed this weekend across South Dakota. They are hauling a 200 ton lump of coal so they can add Obama to Mt Rushmore.
Excluding all other things that come to people's mind, any way I look at this I find this a more of an honor. See to me, it would be an amazing honor to be represented on Mount Rushmore. I mean how cool would that be: to be added to the obviously most respected presidents? Sign me up!

Now, to be true to form, Obama is a "black" man and as such the obvious material would be to carve his image out of coal to remain true to form (color). Secondly, it's not like there is much real estate to carve into up there and I assume it's harder to graft rock onto rock than probably it is to graft coal to rock.

It's not like Bush was EVER joked about being up on Mount Rushmore. I think more of his satire was being bound and gagged like the prisoners of "war" or dumped into the ocean with the likes of lawyers.

Again, don't take this as my political stance or affiliation. I just report the facts without any form of bias. So, you can see it as it is or see as I see it. That's the beauty of freedom of speech.


No comments: