Wednesday, August 19, 2009

State quarters

I think a lot of people thought that when the U.S. Mint decided to mint state quarters they would have a new collection to put on the wall or in a case.

My mom was the same up until she passed. I sort of just kind of started keeping the quarters as I came across them before she passed and I guess I try to do it when I am not distracted. Not a need to do thing but as I see them I try to keep them without duplicating the ones I already have. I even thought to get as nerdy as creating some kind of map-thing to put the quarters in to keep track of them. You know, the ones I have versus the ones I don't. I didn't quite get that nerdy but I have thought of it.

Anyway, I recently got some change from...somewhere, I can't remember...and this is the quarter that was part of my change. Now be it far from my knowledge and caring but when the fuck did Puerto Rico become a state?! I know it is a U.S. territory but a fucking QUARTER for a non-state?! Shit! What the fuck about Guam? Guam is a a U.S. territory. I haven't seen a quarter for them! In fact, I don't think I've seen all 50 STATES on a quarter yet.

Oh well. I guess that's the end of my rant.


No comments: