Friday, December 09, 2011

Graphical Neoprene Full Face Mask at Tanga.com

I started typing this post back on November 19, 2011. I've been busy!

I guess you could say this is my fanboy tribute to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Actually, I just happened to see a sale on this thing at Tanga.com. The website is showing them for $6.99 instead of the regular price of $24.99...a 72% savings. And as usual, it was one of those products that I figured this price point is a good one to see if these masks were worth it.

These neoprene masks are pretty cool. I say 'masks' because I actually bought two of them. First the one in the included image and another one referred to as 'yellow skull.' I hope they are durable but also I don't see that I will be overusing them.

This one is a glow-in-the-dark skull (slightly hard to tell but you can see it once you're told what it is) and the other one I have is a ghoul—it's more of a pale goldish, yellow-greenish color.

I've actually worn them a couple of times since I purchased and also since I started this post and they are pretty warm. I think that the breathing, whether from my mouth or nose, helps warm it even more because it circulates between the back of the mask and my face. I've even turned it inside out to make the mask just all black. The graphic on the front didn't bother my face so it's nice to know this could be reversible if need be--you know, around the kiddies or skittish white folk in the neighborhood. LOL!

Overall, I think it's been a pretty decent purchase. Now I just need the really "cold" weather to give it a real test!


No comments: