Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Do you think mosquitos get tired?

I'm sitting here in my new, temporary office, looking out the window when I see this Hulkified mosquito flying up and down the glass in the window. This isn't the mosquito-eater either. I'm thinking the drought and lack of a real winter has caused mosquitoes to live longer then expected so they are now able to carry off small children instead of just sucking the blood.

Anyway, I've been watching this mosquito off and on for about two hours...up, down, side to side with it occasionally stopping for a few seconds or more.

It made me start to wonder. Is this mosquito getting tired? Winded? Is it panting from flying continuously? Does it catch it's breath when it lands? Is it thirsty for something other than blood when and if it is tired?

After studying it for these two hours, I decided to end all my questioning by just squashing it on the window.

All that did was amuse me but the questions still linger? Now the mosquito is as much of a nuisance dead as it was alive.

No comments: