Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The shit end of the stick

Last night was a very depressing night. Not depressing where I want to kill myself but depressing enough. I am destined to be on the shit-end of every stick. I guess it is partly due to my own fault. Well, this time it was anyway. Let me tell ya...

I went to play tennis out in Colleyville to meet my friend Keith around 6:15 p.m. I was off work and decided to head out there a little early to avoid traffic. I stopped by Mom and Dad’s just for a bit to see what my nephew, Robbie, called and left a message for on my cell phone. I couldn’t understand his mumbling ass.

Anyway, I stopped by for just a bit and then I left. David, my other nephew, asked for a ride, with his friend, to Wal-mart. I told him he’d have to find a way home because I was only going to take him because I had tennis plans.

On the way to dropping them off, I stopped by my brother Vern’s because I had a DVD of Adam’s (his son) to return which he left at my house when he spent the night. I figured this was a good opportunity to talk to him about buying his Explorer. Well, before I got the chance, he mentioned that James and James Michael (brother-in-law and his son, my nephew) had stopped by earlier that day to buy it. James made him the $2,500 offer Vern was going to get from CarMax and Vern agreed to it.

I told Vern that I was going to buy it from him. I just hadn’t had time to see him and talk to him about it. You can’t imagine how pissed, upset and just deflated I was after hearing that. I mean the Explorer isn’t anything spectacular but since Vern has had money he has taken much better care of his vehicles than when he was younger. If CarMax gave him an offer of $2,500, then I would think it was at least worth that much.

Two weeks ago Vern and his wife were over our house and talked about selling the Explorer. Marti (his wife) said she took it to CarMax to see how much they would give her. They told her that she could sell it on the street for like $4,500 but they were only going to buy it from her for $2,500. She was surprised they offered that much but was going to drop it off the day they left on their way out of town. I told her that I had $1,500 that I could give her right now. She laughed and so did Vern and said, “Why would I take $1,500 when I could get $2,500?” I said, “Hell, I was just offering.” I recall Marti saying she’d be willing sell it for less to a family member and depending on who that family member was but I guess she was just talking. I would think I would be the perfect, best and only family member worthy of them cutting a deal for.

So, after that evening, I couldn’t stop thinking about buying the Explorer. I thought about offering him $2,000 although I would go up to the $2,500 but what kind of sell would it be if we didn’t dicker on the price a little bit.

For days, my wife and I talked occasionally about it and she kept telling me to call Vern. It was like Wednesday last week and she mentioned that we should just offer him the $2500. I thought I had time and I told her that I would call him. I kept pushing it off and pushing it off (like a dip shit thinking I had all the time in the world). Finally, I thought I’d see him this past Sunday to play hockey but we ended up not playing. I should have called and talked to him then, but I didn’t.

Monday, me, my wife and kids went to NRH20 in North Richland Hills. I called James Michael on the way out to see if he wanted to go. He said he didn’t have any money but I told him I’d take care of it.

We were leaving NRH20 around 5 p.m. and as I started the van, the wife asked me again if I had called Vern. I told her not yet but I will. James Michael was in the van and heard our entire conversation. We drove to Chuck E Cheese’s down from NRH20 to eat and let the girls have some fun. I bought James Michael food and drink. I dropped James Michael off on the way home and, again, I should have called Vern but I didn’t.

I figured I had time.

So, we get to yesterday when I do see Vern and I find out what went down with James, James Michael and Vern.

Do you get the picture? James Michael knew I was looking to buy Vern’s Explorer. He’s been there EVERYTIME my wife and I talked about calling Vern and making the offer. So, it’s quite funny – not literally – that all of a sudden Tuesday afternoon James Michael calls Vern and tells him that his dad is on his way over to buy his truck and wanted to take it home THAT day!

Vern was saying shit like “ah, man” and “why didn’t you tell me before” and shit like that. I told him I had mentioned to him about it but I didn’t know about the extra money until a few days ago that the wife was getting in the mail that I could get him the full $2,500. I told him I should have called but I knew I was going to see him to make the offer face to face but obviously got undercut in time by James Michael and his dad.

Vern wanted me to call James Michael and try to pull on his heart strings to influence him to talk James out of buying it but James Michael knew his dad’s plan was to let him drive the Explorer. James told Vern that he was buying it for Tina (my sister) but fucking Tina doesn’t go anywhere. She sits on her ass all day playing MOHAA (Medal of Honor Allied Assault) and the other times she is fucking sleeping. James said their van is falling apart and he’s planning on trading it in and getting a new truck. So, I ask why does he need the Explorer? Just to fuck over Jay (me), that’s why. I think it's genetically coded in my family members to want to blatantly fuck over their siblings. I guess it's recessing in my body or my conscience is too strong.

You don’t understand how pissed I am. It’s unbelievable that James Michael wouldn’t have my back. Rather he fucked me over for his own gain. I expect it from my brothers and sisters but NEVER did I expect James Michael to fuck me over in such a way as this. I mean after all I’ve done for him, tried to do for him, and then he fucks me over. I mean he fucked me over in the past when he bailed out on helping us move when he told us he would be there. This is a little more – no way more – than not showing to help us move.

Of course, we could always say that it was my fault for not calling sooner and blah, blah, blah. But James Michael knew all the way up to the day he called Vern that I was going to offer Vern the money for his Explorer. He could have stepped up and said, “Dad, Uncle Jay really wants to buy it,” but he didn’t. In fact, you would think he would think it was really shitty that his father is willing to fuck over and undercut me like he did. I just can’t believe it. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about how much we have tried to help his worthless ass out and he screws me over...me!?

Then we look at Vern. Vern could have been a bigger man and stepped up as well and told James that he had already been in talks with me about the Explorer but didn’t realize I was serious. I tried to help him see that it isn’t that bad to bail out on the deal and sell it to me. I mean the Explorer is now on a destiny to be fucked up. Every freaking vehicle James and Tina have is fucked up, either by themselves or their selfish children. I told Vern that he knows it’s going to be driven to hell by James Michael but he wouldn’t call James and tell him he had already been in talks with me. I mean Vern wouldn’t even step up and help his own fucking brother - the one and ONLY family member that hasn't asked him for money or tried to screw him over. I understand he didn’t want to cause a riff but what the fuck should he care. First, he’s going to be in Florida. Is he really going to give a shit what the rest of the family fucks think of him back in Texas? Second, I’m his fucking little brother. James and Tina have already tried to fuck him over for $6,000 and who knows what else.

And yet, Vern went ahead and sold the Explorer to James this afternoon.

So, I’m destined to always get the shit end of the stick from my family. Hence, I have decided to excommunicate all the mother fuckers. I’m tired of getting shit on for nothing and not getting the respect I’m due for trying to help out the trailer trash scum mother fuckers! Even Vern...I cannot let go that he didn’t have his own brother’s back. He couldn’t do this ONE thing for his brother. He couldn’t do the RIGHT thing. James Michael couldn’t do the RIGHT thing, either. I’m sick and tired of it.

I have no reason to see these fuckers. I only got together with them for my kids. So, they could have a sense of family but do I really want them to have this kind of family? FUCK NO! They are better off joining a convent or something!

So, mark this day in the books. All friendly communication has been discontinued between me and my ENTIRE family excluding a one or two nieces or nephews that haven't crossed me yet. I have no desire to see these people nor speak to them. I’m done with it and the wife and I wipe our hands of them.

Well, it’s now late, about 12:13 a.m. I need to get to bed. I start my first class of the Fall 2006 semester tomorrow. It’s called “Contemporary Moral Problems”. How coincidental is that...I’m taking a class on moral problems?

Good night!

No comments: