Wednesday, August 02, 2006

We are destined to be infested with rodents or insects

A beehive has been constructed in my attic. I actually took this picture like a week and a half ago but just got around to posting it. My friend was over one weekend and happened to see something "leaking" from the eave of the roof down the front wall. I had my nephew climb up to touch the substance and my friend, Shawn, tasted it and said it was honey.

I climbed into the attic with my trusty flashlight. I was cautious to listen for buzzing but didn't hear any. I found the area that would be adjacent to the outside where it was leaking and move the insulation, slowly as to not stir any bees waiting in stealth mode for attacking.

This is what I saw...


It's like Amityville Horror.

The following Tuesday the exterminator came out to make sure the bees were dead and then returned on Friday to remove the hive because new bees will take over the hive if left in tact, not to mention the honey attracts ants, flies, and other insects.

It's crazy, man, crazy!

No comments: