Saturday, December 30, 2006

Quick post...if you can even call it that

I am on vacation in the big bad town of Springfield, Illinois (actually, I'm in Pawnee but you can blink and pass through that town) visiting some of the wife's family. We have visited this wonderful town for the past few Christmas vacations. It's not a bad place but it's not the kind of city that I prefer to live in or care to further visit on vacation as the excitement of this little town has pretty much worn off.

It's the capitol of Illinois although most presume that Chicago is. That's because Chicago is three, four, maybe twenty times bigger than Springfield. AND the governor of the state doesn't reside in the governor's mansion in Springfield. He stays in Chicago...and the locals say that is one of the reasons why he probably won't return to office next year nor do they t want him too. If the next governor decides to hold office in Springfield, they'll have to pull the nailed plywood off the doors and windows of the governor's mansion and clean up the building a little bit. It almost looks like a building down in Florida awaiting a hurricane.

Anyway, it's almost a twelve hour drive but we made it up here from Dallas, Texas in about ten hours. Hopefully, when we leave tomorrow, we'll make it in just as short a time. We believe if we plan on visiting again this time next year that we will fly. I'm tired of the driving since I do ALL of the driving because I don't trust my wife's driving skills. LOL!

Well, I must go put the children to bed for our early rise tomorrow and long journey home. Ah...I can't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed. I haven't slept well since I've been here but I've slept enough to be functional each day without getting a headache. So knock on wood.

Maybe I'll be more interesting reading in the next post.

Later!

No comments: