Friday, March 02, 2007

Sandal socks

I don't know the actual name of them but I remember when I was young my mother had these socks, mainly all white and satiny, that she would wear with her sandals/slippers. They were basically the same concept as mittens for the hands...four fingers grouped together in one part of the sock, a "notch" and then the fifth (thumb) was in separate group. This allowed the person wearing the mitten to still be able to grasp things in a grip. Anyway, the concept of the sandal sock was to allow you to wear sandals while wearing socks.

This only came up because I've been letting the dog out during the night/early mornings for her "doodies" and the weather has been cooler. I wear my socks and then I need some sandals but it's tough to keep the bastards on because the socks push on the little piece of sandal that goes between the big toe and the one next to it.

Anyhow, check out the picture for reference...


It's amazing how I pulled that bit of randomness out of my ass.

No comments: