Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer school 2007

So, I start summer school today. My class isn't until 3pm (til 4:40pm) so I can't say, "Summer school started today." Although I guess it did for some students.

I'm taking a business computer course under the Information Technology Operations Management heading. It's basically some information on databases...I think. It doesn't matter to me really. I'm sick and tired of taking General Education Curriculum (GEC) or perspectives. I want the meat and potatoes classes of my major! I am almost through with the GEC courses so that's a definite bonus. I think I have two more to take - one in summer session two and the other either Fall 07 or Spring 08. I then have my major courses and something called a minor (if I so choose) that I could get by taking my electives. I had forgotten all about these minor courses. They are basically filler courses to get to the required 120 credit hours. More shit that the educational society thinks I should waste my money on. Bastards!

Anyway, I purchased my book about an hour ago from the bookstore. If they don't rape you on the mundane courses to take, they really fucking rape you on the cost of books. My books was $91. It was $94 as a used book less my employee discount. I wonder what the hell a new book costs! Bitches and whores taking my money.

Well, I just had to vent about the book costs and mundane courses. It's nice to know that I have three and a half years (roughly) and I will be a college graduate. If I was going full time I could not it out in half the time but because I work I only take six hours a semester since I also have to make time to have fun with my kids and doing the things I like to do.

Three and years...keeping my fingers crossed! And when I'm done, I'm having the biggest fucking party ever and then I'm taking a long motherfucking break. I'm gonna save my vacation days from work until the day I graduate and then I'm relaxin'.

Maybe.

No comments: