Monday, December 03, 2007

LCD HDTV

Well, I broke down last Friday and purchased an LCD HDTV. Best Buy had a pretty good deal that ended after 12/1/07.

They had no interest until January 2011 on TV purchases of $999 and up.

I researched and researched for months and months and did a little bit more when I decided on the brand and size I was going to buy. I just didn't know how much of a necessity it is. It's kind of like me buying an LCD monitor (19" or higher) for my computer. It's a really nice purchase but it's not a necessity as I have a 17" or a fully working 19" CRT.

Anyway, I purchased one Friday afternoon. It is a Philips 42" 1080p LCD HDTV...check the info here on the Best Buy web site. Out of 31 reviews and a 5 star scale, it rated 4.9. I think that's pretty darn good.

The price was $1,699 but I got it for $1,399 which is $40 cheaper than the current price right at this moment. Anyway, with a 4-year protection plan and 3-year interest-free financing...I think I'm golden!

I had to run my satellite feed from the back of the house over to the side of the house, drill a hole in the wall from outside to inside to get the feeds into the house and do all this other shit just to get the television installed. I installed the mount by myself and put the TV on it with the assistance of the wife and I'm still golden!

It's nice to watch. I don't have an HD feed from DirecTV yet but it still looks pretty rockin' with a regular satellite signal and the DVDs are pretty sweet. I'm even more golden.

So, here's a couple of shots of the TV...









No comments: