Friday, January 04, 2008

StarWars.com

I'm a huge, geeky Star Wars fan(atic). Yes, I admit it. I loved it as a kid. I love it now. I am stoked that my kiddos love it too!

But...

I joined the starwars.com e-news letter years and years ago back when talk of Episode I was coming to fruition. I maintained my reading enjoyment with each installment of the newsletter. I am pretty much done with it now that all the prequels have been made and I believe there is pretty much nothing worth noting about Star Wars these days.

I mean I enjoy reading the books that are coming out although I don't like that these people who are writing them are killing off the core characters from Episodes IV, V and VI. You just don't mess with Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, C3PO or R2D2. I know they can't live forever -- well the human(oid)s anyway -- but you don't kill them off during battles or shit like that.

Anyway, I bring this up because I still get these e-newsletters and they contain a little less worthy content than when the prequels were being made but I'm wondering what the hell for are they sending this shit out?

I don't think they are weekly like they used to be...maybe monthly now or biweekly or random. Who knows? I stopped paying complete attention.

Oh well! Chalk that up to another meaningless, random thought!


By the way...I did read something in the latest e-newsletter that directed me to this link..."The Official Star Wars Blog".

No comments: