Friday, January 04, 2008

Pets are like having extra kids



This is my bill from a vet visit four days before Christmas. I was getting the vehicle an oil change and an inspection when the wife called to tell me the dog still looks like she's not doing well. Earlier around 5-6am in the morning, the dog had puked in her cage...twice. She didn't feel like eating and she seemed very lethargic. Hell, by the size of her pukes, I would feel lethargic and not eat!

Anyway, the wife never had a dog before but has had children so you would think she wouldn't freak the hell out at a simple puking. You don't know my wife! So, while I'm waiting and waiting for the vehicle work to be completed so I can go play tennis (this IS a Saturday), the wife keeps calling me to give me a 5-min by 5-min status. It's really freaking annoying! Anyway, she gets the kids so worried as well that now I have to take her to the vet so soothe the kids -- and the g-ddam wife! There goes my damn tennis day...it was a pretty day too!

So, no insurance on pets and three hours later, this is my final tally for them to tell me the dog is fucking A-Ok. All her numbers came back just fine. They gave me anti-nausea pills to give to her before feeding her the iD dog food...a basic, bland food. They also gave her a shot of some solution that's like IV for humans. They put like a liquid bubble under her skin, between her shoulder blades that slowly dissolves into her system, making her feel better

Two days later the dog is running the hell around feeling just hunky dorry! I'm glad I got to spend so much time and money with her two days before.

No comments: