Thursday, July 17, 2008

In the news 07/17/2008

Found this in today's Dallas News online
On July 2, a 74-year-old woman reported finding her cat eviscerated near her home on Chesley Lane, near Skillman Street and Lovers Lane.

The animal, found in some grass near an alley, had been cut from under its chin down to its torso in a straight, smooth line as if a knife were used, according to a Dallas police report. Its ribcage had been broken, and its entrails were missing.

On Wednesday, a 24-year-old woman on the same street reported finding her cat dead in a neighbor’s front yard. It had been killed in a similar fashion.

Police are investigating.

Link to full story as long as it lasts, here.
My feelings? Good. Keep your damn cats on a leash or inside your house. Roaming dogs are not acceptable why are roaming cats?!

I am not a cat owner. I was once but not by choice. It was my wife's. I didn't totally dislike it but I prefer dogs as they are typically friendlier pets and they come when you call them.

I do have roaming cats in my yard (neighborhood) that I wish could be exterminated. I have an open lot next to my house and it isn't watered so there are dirt spots. On occasion, the dirt/mud spews onto my driveway after rain. These roving cats use these dirt spots as their own little shit receptacles. My kids and I play in the yard have to smell and sometimes accidentally step in the poop. It pisses me off like you would not believe. I too would gut the damn felines that did it OR even those that didn't if I couldn't find the one that did!

Hence, I have no pity for those people that "lose" their cats to some sicko-want-to-be-vet because they allow them to roam. I say, as long as he's not messing with people, more power to them!

No comments: