Friday, July 18, 2008

Random thought of the day

So, I was just joking around with a coworker of mine and it made me think of something.

First, this is how the interaction went down.
He was entering the building from outside pushing an empty dolly. We are about 200 feet apart.

I looked at him and just shook my head. He said aloud, "Slacker!"

I picked up a cardboard box and pretended to throw it at him.

He replied, "That'd be a case for a hate crime." (He's gay.)

I put down the box and said, "What, a bisexual beating up on a homosexual?" (I'm not bisexual! Honest! I'm just friendly to friends and joking along with them is what I do.)

He laughed. I laughed. We went out separate ways.
My wonderment came as my "way" was to the men's room. While I was cleaning my colon, a thought occurred to me: "How would a 'hate crime' case between a bisexual and homosexual actually pan out?"

If all things were equal in the facts and it was an all-heterosexual jury, who would they automatically be biased against or for? Would the heteros prefer the homosexual as at least they know what gender they desire? Or would it be the bisexual because they are not sure and they are test driving both genders?

Randomly stupid I know but I just write what comes to me, whenever it comes to me.


No comments: