Monday, October 06, 2008

Iron Man (2008)

Iron Man (2008). Because of all the hoopla, I anxiously awaited to come to DVD.

I must say that it WAS a very good movie. It was well worth my free rental from Blockbuster.

Now that the accolades are complete, let's get to what wasn't acceptable with the movie. It's a short list as I don't like to dwell and it'll take too long to type from the Blackberry.

So, Stark built, tested and retested the suit along with attempts at proper flight. Jeff Bridges' character, I forget his name, jumped right in the "mammoth" suit and was able to maneuver and fly without any practice or first-attempt control mistakes.

Stark was kept alive in a 3rd world country, in a cave by a car battery and then some miniature arc reactor he built. Once he got stateside and way newer technology was available, why didn't they (Stark and/or American scientists/doctors) fix the, in my opinion, easily correctable problem with the shrapnel is his bloodstream?

I guess I should just stop there as some my think I obsessed over the too minor details in what is just a movie.

It's just sometimes these directors should be more consistent throughout a movie.

Oh well, rant put on permanent hold!


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: