Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last day to drop

Well, the day that I take a look at where I stand grade-wise and make a very important decision: go forward and persevere or quit while I'm ahead (more like, not failing yet).

It is called the "Last day to drop with a 'W'". And it is on Wednesday, November 5th.

I just took two tests for each of the two classes I'm enrolled. One on Tuesday and the other Wednesday.

The Tuesday test was for a class that I believe I am currently passing. I say this for the mere fact that the first exam I think I got in the neighborhood of a 75. I'm not sure because he does a point system. The points for exam one were 136. I think I got 100 which would be about a 74 but I think I got some extra credit added on top of that. I'm not for sure as I haven't been able or keep forgetting to swing by the prof's office and get my test. This second exam I think I got about an 80 but not for sure yet again. I will have to wait until next Tuesday. This class isn't the questionable one because we have two grades only, so far, and a project we are working on then one more exam.

The concern is the Wednesday one. I got a 61 on exam one. I have done well on in-class quizzes and an extra-credit plus attendance and class participation has been good. The prof rates the two highest exams as fifty percent of the overall grade and the lowest as twenty percent with quizzes and such making the extra thirty percent. So, depending on how I did on this exam will decide if I will hit the final day t drop with a 'W' or not.

Before I took the exam, I was way worried. After I took the exam, felt I did well unlike when I took exam one and didn't even answer a 15-pt question which started me out at an 85 right off the bat!

As mentioned, I'll have to see how it goes when I get my grade.

(fingers crossed)


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: