Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The men's room and a newspaper

Do you bring a newspaper with you to the men's room at work? The bathroom at home?

Is it a necessary distraction while pooping or an assistant like "go-lightly?"

I ask as I sit here in stall number one typing on my Blackberry because on the floor I see today's Quick and some business journal.

I'm tempted to pick up the Quick from but the "germ-genies" appear on my shoulders telling me "don't pick it up" or "pick it up."

I don't see any real problem with picking it up because it's not like I'm not going to wash my hands after I'm done going #2.

My wife on the other hand would be freakin' the shit out!

I refrain from picking it up but wonder how many others may or may not. Okay, I really don't wonder for long but it did flash across my mind.

If and when I bring a paper with me to a stall, I usually slip it between the shutter-like slats of the door to keep it off the germy floor in case the next occupant needs reading material. I'm just thoughtful like that. And I don't like to litter the restroom - yes, leaving your previously viewed newspaper on the floor of the restroom stalls is littering, to me.

Anyway, this was just another random thought that popped into my head while I was going #2. It happens a lot when I am on my "throne" because it's too much time for me NOT to think.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: