Thursday, March 19, 2009

R.I.P. Natasha Richardson

I'm sure there are going to be, if not already, tons of posts across the Internet sphere about the tragic death of Natasha Richardson. So, I'll make mine brief.

Poor Qui-Gon. I feel for you man and your two children.

I'm sorry to say that when the initial story broke about her being injured, I didn't exactly know who she was. I mean I had seen her in the remake of the Parent Trap like thirty times and Maid in Manhattan but I didn't know who she actually was until I saw the story and did some extra research on who she was. Only then did I really feel for her and her family. I liked her a lot in both those movies mentioned above and I thought she was quite attractive for an older lady.

Anyway, I wish celebs would realized that in the time between Sonny Bono and Arnold Schwarzenegger's occurrences while skiing, they would learn that celebs and skiing DO NOT go together!

It does put into perspective though about how many non-celebrity types are killed in skiing accidents but are not widely publicized or even known because of them not being a "famous" figure.

So, cue the overprotective folks who now want helmets to be a required WORN piece of equipment for all skiers. That's just stupid. Let's say 1 million people ski in one year at one resort and something like 44 people die. I would say that's a very low percentage. Besides, fuck those people that get hurt while skiing because I can't afford it so it doesn't affect me at all.

Sorry, had a little bit of Bitter Jay surface there.

Oh well, I'm gone!


No comments: