Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Rocker

A few days or so ago, I received the movie, The Rocker, from my online Blockbuster membership. I was a little skeptical about the movie but I decided to add it to my queue because I've seen a lot of bad movies so what would one more matter.

It actually wasn't too bad. It wasn't great but it was well worth the roughly $.25 I probably rented it for since I see so many movies in a month compared to my monthly membership fee.

It stars Rainn Wilson and Christina Applegate. Rainn is the overage, overweight rocker and Christina is the mother of one of the teenagers in the band. It was funny-stupid but there were times that I could have pissed myself from laughing so hard. If you rent it, the scenes where Rainn becomes known as the "Naked Drummer" are just hilarious without him really saying anything.

When I first saw the cover of the movie, I thought the guy was Jack Black because of the face he makes and the hair. But I soon realized it was Rainn. I didn't really know who Rainn was, especially without his glasses, but I soon found out he was on The Office. I don't watch that show, although I've heard it is hilarious.

Anyway, The Rocker may be worth a look-see.


No comments: