Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Dole Plantation needs serious help implementing new technologies

 
This is a netbook and TV at the Dole Plantation on the island of O'ahu, Hawai'i. The funny thing about this is that there were four big, flat-screen TVs like this one with four separate netbooks attached in a similar manner. I didn't understand why they didn't just run four VGA cables from one netbook from a separate room or just one netbook attached to one TV but running a VGA cable to each of the four. I also wonder if they have a way to remotely access each of the netbooks to change the slide show that is displayed or if somone has to get a step ladder and type away on each netbook for changes. By the looks of the way the netbook is facing downwards, I'm thinking the latter.

There will be more photos and a post(s) on our recent trip to O'ahu but I had to get this posted before I forgot about it.



No comments: