Friday, September 29, 2006

Season premieres for Smallville and One Tree Hill

The woman in me has finally gotten satisfied by the season premieres of Smallville and One Tree Hill. Unfortunately for me, I’m not a woman!

I just got a chance to watch the episodes on my TiVo.

Anyway, here are a few of my critiques. Let’s start with the show with boy wonder…

First, in this show, I think more “normal” people get thrown through the air around 50 feet or more into objects like walls, cars or such and get up with minimal, if any, injuries.

Second, when Clark gets out of the “inescapable” phantom zone through the Kal-El family gate, four prisoners are sucked in with him and are obviously released into earth (if you didn’t see the extra “meteor-type” things fall from the sky when Clark did, you should watch Dancing With The Stars.) Before they switch from Clark activating the gate to Earth, you see the four prisoners in “human” form get sucked into the gate. Fast forward to the end of the episode and you see a “phantom” flying through the foresty river area somewhere in Argentina. If he wasn’t in “phantom” form in the phantom zone, I don’t think he should be so on Earth.

Third, Clark saves Martha and Lionel at his barn and then runs to the Luthor mansion to confront Lex and, by chance, save Lana—who was almost unscathed after Lex/Zod tossed her across the room into a wall about 50 feet away so he now has to choke her until she passes out. Instead of just speed running and knocking the wholly crap out of Lex/Zod, Clark stops in the entrance and says, “Let her go!” Now, how stupid was that? Anyone who is anyone knows that the element of surprise is essential in any battle.

Fourth, Lex/Zod and Clark are fighting in the woods. Lex is punching the crap out of Clark on this bolder. They show one hit to the jaw of Clark and “blood” spurts out as the force of the punch turns Clark’s head. I quote blood because it wasn’t red. It was more like a dark, oily color kind of like M.Fine was made of. What is wrong with this? Clark and Zod are immortal. No matter who is beating their ass, they are free of showing injury or even being injured. Now, you can chunk there asses through the air or knock them about but no damage or injury should occur. Look at Superman II. Superman fights Zod and his two underlings. He’s hit by a bus and one of them is batted by a light pole but they received no injuries because they are both immortals with the same super powers.

I guess that’s enough picking on the man of steel show. I do want to say that Chloe is getting hotter as the show progresses. I don’t know if it’s just because she’s getting older in real life or they are making her diet and such. Either way, she’s looking hotter…still no Lana, yet, but even Lana’s starting to lose that “loving” feeling.

Well, I was going to comment on One Tree Hill but I decided that I am obviously thinking too much about these shows. I should just enjoy them for what they are…entertainment.

So, I digress and will sign out for now.