Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dress code standards

I had long hair and was occasionally asked 'when are you going to cut it?' Which really was a subtle hint. There is no hair-length dress code where I work. We do sort of have a business or business casual dress code depending on your job position/title but, again, it's not really official...in my book anyway.

But, today and a few days in the recent past, a female coworker has pretty much been wearing white jeans and a tank top to work. I can't really call her top sleeveless as it is really just a fancy tank top. Sleeveless to me basically still covers from you neck to your shoulder edge...which this does not.

So, I got "asked" on a daily basis about my hair (I've since cut it because it is just too damn hot in Texas already to have long hair during the summer) but no one so much as sends her a questioning glance.

It is injustice I tell ya, INJUSTICE!

Nah, I really could give a shit but it did just make me wonder about it...enough to blog.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

No comments: