Friday, June 26, 2009

Jimi Hendrix - Wild Thing

A coworker of mine just got an 8gb iPod Touch. She wanted me to download from iTunes some songs since she doesn't have a computer at home. She created me a list and one of the songs on there was Wild Thing sung by Jimi Hendrix instead of The Troggs.

I did a Google search to see if he really performed the song or she inadvertently thought it was him instead of The Troggs. Turns out, he did do this song and I found him performing it live here. I didn't want to embed the video because I think this version sucks donkey dicks. I have to assume that the version she was looking for is better but if it's not, I don't see the point in not just getting the version by The Troggs.

Sorry you die-hard Hendrix fans. All things done by Jimi are not "Hendrix-great." No amount of behind-the-back playing, guitar-lighting-on-fire, or guitar-stage-slamming can make up for the pure shit that comes out of his mouth in this performance. Maybe a few drops of acid can ease my nausea of watching this but I'm not sure it is worth my time and effort. Jimi was an amazing guitar player but he really trashed this song in my opinion.

Anyway, just thought I'd comment.



Goodbye and Good Riddance!

No comments: