Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Email deals from TigerDirect

I am on the email listserv for TigerDirect. The above image is from their latest email blast. I can't say that I've ever purchased anything from the TigerDirect sales email. I may have purchased something from TigerDirect.com in the past which is probably why I'm on the email list.

I don't understand why they would put an item in their sale email blast that is ALREADY sold out. What the hell is the point? Are they trying to show that they are that good at deals and the products sell out quickly? I just don't get it.

I'm not a marketing professional and I certainly wasn't a marketing major but I really don't think there is a need or a good reason to place an item in a sales email blast that is not available.

And just so you're sure, the email does not reflect real-time. So if the product sold out after the email was sent, it would not have reflected the sell out.

Anyway, just thought I'd say something about the stupidity!

No comments: